Liberals have been squealing with delight over last week’s leaked Apprentice tapes, where Donald Trump was heard making sexist comments. Now these same liberals are demanding to see all the other tapes made during the production of the show, in order to see if they can find more Trump “gotchya” moments before the November election.
Mark Burnett, who created The Apprentice, and MGM, which owns the right to the show, announced today that they will not be releasing any un-aired footage.
A joint statement from Burnett and MGM, given to Entertainment Tonight, claimed that even if they wanted to, they would not be able to release those tapes due to contractual agreements.
The statement read,
“MGM owns Mark Burnett’s production company and The Apprentice is one of its properties. Despite reports to the contrary, Mark Burnett does not have the ability nor the right to release footage or other material from The Apprentice. Various contractual and legal requirements also restrict MGM’s ability to release such material.”
There were also rumors that Burnett was considering pursuing an investigation to find out who leaked the damaging tapes last week, but Burnett denied those rumors on Monday.
The joint statement also said that Burnett’s refusal to make the un-aired footage was not motivated by politics. “As previously reported in the press, which Mark Burnett has confirmed, he has consistently supported Democratic campaigns,” the statement said.
Trump hosted the wildly popular NBC shows The Apprentice and The Celebrity Apprentice from 2004 until 2015. In early 2015, he voluntarily stepped down to run for president.
So, for now, it looks as though we won’t be seeing any more footage of Donald Trump’s un-aired Apprentice footage.
Of course, all it takes is one rogue NBC employee to secretly leak additional footage to the press in the weeks ahead, in order to help Hillary Clinton get to the White House.
Do you think the Trump Campaign can recover from last week’s leaked tapes? Share your thoughts in the comments section.