Happy Super Bowl Day, CWD fans!
Donald Trump sat down with Bill O’Reilly this week for an exclusive interview. The interview was aired on Fox News this afternoon. Here are five surprising things that Trump revealed.
1. President Trump says he hopes Russia will cooperate with the United States to wipe out ISIS, adding “It’s better for the United States to get along with Russia than to not get along with them.” When O’Reilly said “But Putin is a killer,” Trump responded, “Do you think our country’s so innocent?” President Trump did not define exactly what he meant by that, but he followed up with comments about how the war on Iraq was a huge mistake.
2. President Trump suggested that we are heading for a confrontation with Iran. He said Obama’s deal with Iran that gave them $1.7 billion was the “worst deal ever,” and we’ve got “nothing to show for it.” When O’Reilly asked Trump if he would “tear up the agreement” with Iran, the president said he didn’t know yet, adding that “Iran has complete disregard for our country,” and they are the “number one terrorist state” in the world. O’Reilly asked Trump about reports that the United States is moving an aircraft carrier group to the region, to which Trump said he does not disclose any potential military action.
3. When O’Reilly asked Trump about his claim that over 3 million people voted illegally in the last presidential election, the president noted that many dead people are still registered to vote, as are many illegals aliens, and thousands of people are registered to vote in more than one state. Trump will be setting up a commission led by Vice-President Pence to look into voting irregularities.
4. When asked what his response would be to California potentially becoming a “sanctuary state”, Trump said he may decide to withhold federal dollars from sanctuary cities or possibly all of California.
5. When asked about who he thought would win today’s Super Bowl, Trump was remarkably specific, stating that he thought the Patriots would defeat the Falcons by eight points. Donald Trump has a personal friendship with Patriot’s quarterback Tom Brady.
Do you support Trump’s initiatives that he laid out today? Share your thoughts in the comments section.